1. For bridesmaid bouquets you want to keep in mind that the maid-of-honor bouquet is usually larger or a different color than the rest of the bridesmaid’s bouquets, although this is not always the case.
2. The bridesmaid’s bouquets should compliment the bridal bouquet, but are usually smaller in size.
3. The flower color of the bouquets typically matches the bridesmaid’s dresses and the color theme of the wedding.
4. Conventionally, the flower girl sprinkles flower petals in the path of the bride, but recently they have begun to carry bouquets too, or baskets full of flowers, floral wands or pomanders.
5. Traditionally, the bride’s bouquet was made of white, or cream flowers such as orchids, roses, lilies and gardenias. White bouquets on a white wedding dress give a very vintage and elegant feel. Some brides prefer a more modern feel with contrasting colored flowers so your preference whether traditional or modern will still give you a great effect.
6. The bride’s bouquet should be selected to compliment the dress and body shape of the bride. A curvy bride can consider a flower with a fuller shape like hydrangea or peonies. These full florals will create an arrangement that will complement her wonderful curves.
7. The bouquet should help create the overall mood of the occasion. Consider selecting your flowers based on their actual meaning. If you need help with flower meanings, please reference our other article on The Meaning Of Wedding Flowers.
8. In choosing your bridal bouquet, select flowers that are in season. This will help you cut costs tremendously and on top of that, you won’t have a hard time sourcing and ordering your flowers. This is even more beneficial if you use and online floral vendor like Bunches Direct.
9. Less is more. For a simple, stylish and sophisticated look, brides nowadays are opting for a bouquet featuring just one or two flowers.
10. Choose hearty flowers that wont wither if out of water. You want your bouquet to last all day and some delicate blooms will wilt quicker than others. Some hearty flowers to consider for your bridal bouquets are Calla Lilies, Chrysanthemums, Orchids, Roses and Sunflowers. Most of these are also very affordable making them great choices.