Although you can find many floral varieties all year round, choosing seasonal blooms that are readily available, are in many cases less expensive, and often at their freshest since they can be found locally.
We have chosen our personal favorite wedding flowers and have categorized them into seasons to help inspire you when deciding what direction to go in with your wedding flower theme. Wedding color themes can easily be inspired by the season it takes place in, and by using flowers that are readily available in the season you want to tie the knot in you can make the whole wedding planning process much easier.
Popular In Season Fall Wedding Flowers
- Mini Calla Lilies: a gorgeous trumpet shaped flower available in many tones including eggplant, gold and orange. This flower is typically at a higher price point.
- Chrysanthemums: an affordable flower which comes in many varieties including cushion daisies, pom pom and spider mums.
- Ranunculus: a delicate looking flower with paper like petals.
- Gerbera Daisies: A modern looking flower with a large bloom resembling the popular daisy.
- Roses: A traditional flower which is always a great choice, available in several fall tones including red, orange and yellow.
- Sunflowers: a bright flower which is perfect for a harvest theme.
Popular In Season Winter Wedding Flowers
- Amaryllis: Big, bold and beautiful, the amaryllis is one of the most striking of all plants. Usually available in a vibrant red color.
- Roses: is always an elegant choice readily available in white, cream and red, perfect for your winter color theme.
- Chrysanthemums: many varieties and colors to choose and this flower is always at a great price point.
- Orchids: are a tropical flower but have such a stunning appearance. They are a robust flower that is available in many colors.
- Poinsettias: You can’t get a more seasonal plant…these plants look great in pots as your wedding table centerpieces. Stunning red blooms always create a Christmas feel. Also available in white.
Popular In Season Spring Wedding Flowers
- Cherry Blossoms: These flowers have been extremely popular for the past year and look fabulous when the blooming branches are displayed in tall vases.
- Daffodils: A sunny looking flower with a beautiful frilly trumpet shape.
- Iris: Its blue and yellow striped petals will give intrigue to any floral arrangement.
- Lilies: So many colors and varieties are available but be aware that these gorgeous flowers have a fairly strong scent as well as carry alot of pollen which are not a good option for allergy sufferers.
- Peonies: These showy and fragrant flowers draw attention to wedding bouquets, table centerpieces and flower arrangements.
- Tulips: Available in many colors and look amazing in bridal arrangements. This romantic flower has a long bloom which forms from its sleek slender stem.
Popular In Season Summer Wedding Flowers
- Calla Lilies: A trumpet shaped flower available in white and green. You do not need to add filler or accenting flowers as they are just stunning on their own.
- Peonies:These showy and fragrant flowers draw attention to wedding bouquets, table centerpieces and flower arrangements.
- Hydrangeas: These are small flowers that grow in a large bushy cluster. They are full florals which look great in centerpieces as well as bridal bouquets.
- Roses: Always a great choice as they are a robust flower, available in many colors and look amazing alone or when paired with other flowers like Mini Callas, Gerbera, Daisies and Hydrangea.
- Gerbera Daisies: Gerberas are a bright and modern choice for wedding flowers and look great in any arrangement.