Mindy Weiss is one of the world’s top wedding and event planners! Based out of Beverly Hills, California. Mindy and her team are praised for boundless creativity, innovation and attention to every last detail. Their passion for top notch event planning have made her a much-sought-after fixture on the celebrity party circuit.
Mindy and her team have planned special events for celebrities such as Fergie & Josh Duhamel, Ellen Degeneres & Portia Rossi, Jessica Simpson, Lala and Carmelo Anthony, Serena Williams, Nicole Richie and Joel Madden, Heidi Klum, Pink, Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale, Kimberly Williams & Brad Paisley, Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan. If you are a fan of the TV series “The Bachelor,” Trista & Ryan’s, J.P. and Ashley’s, and Sean and Catherine’s weddings were all featured on ABC.
For those of us who don’t have the budget to simply hire Mindy Weiss Designs to plan our wedding or event, we can still turn to her books, website and television events for some fabulous inspiration. Check out these awesome tips when planning your own wedding or event decorations.
1. Use bouquets as a floral display or centerpiece at the reception. At the Four Seasons in Los Angeles, Mindy used simple bridal bouquets and artfully displayed them in glass vases of various shapes. Keep your flowers all one color and the vases clear to make this display work despite the different flower types and vase shapes. White lisianthus, hydrangeas, orchids or mini calla lilies would all provide the elegant impact. All these blooms are available in bulk at BunchesDirect so you can make your own bouquet arrangement just like Mindy’s. We also provide you with ready-made bouquets for added stress relief. Try Classic White Hydrangea bouquets, for example, and you are ready to go!
2. Centerpieces don’t have to be elaborate to have a lot of “wow” factor. These gorgeous centerpieces were also made for the Four Seasons LA, out of artfully arranged calla lilies and beautiful white roses twined over a glass candelabra. Simple, but so stylish!
3. Attach bouquets of flowers to each pew with beautiful fabric bows for an gorgeous decorative touch at the ceremony, as Mindy did at the Four Seasons Biltmore. Tulips are shown here, available in season and in bulk at BunchesDirect, but other favorite flowers would be dazzling also. If you want to keep things elegant, stick to one color and one type of bloom for more impact.
4. Embellish accents like this small section of fencing at an outdoor wedding, using fresh greens and flowers. Blooms such as white or cream roses, godetias, lisianthus, peonies, green hydrangeas, and greens such as eucalyptus or palm fronds would all make amazing floral accents. Buy in bulk and attach with floral wire! Hang vintage lanterns for an even more romantic effect.
6. Don’t overlook the details! Even small touches can have big impact on your guest experience. Buy bulk flowers such as roses or red ranunculus and add a simple, perfect bloom alongside the menus at your guest place settings.